XNAToANXConverter.exe

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Where is this tool? It's not included in the msi installset.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Yes, you're right, the tools are currently not included in the installer-/zip-packages and only available through checking out/downloading the latest source revision and compiling the tool yourself.

Thanks for the hint and i'll open an issue so we'll include it in the next release.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I was also wondering what is the XNA version ANX is compatible with? Neither the home page nor the documentation pages reveal if the target XNA platform is 3.0, 3.1 or 4.0.

The differences between the XNA 3.1 and 4.0 versions are such that 3.1 is next to impossible to port to XNA 4.0 (without huge efforts at least). So this piece of information is very important and should be placed on the home page.

I would love to try porting my TXna Game Engine (wich is XNA 3.1 based) to ANX.

Call me lazy but most folks (me included) will not bother downloading and dig through source code to find such vital information :-)

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

The version we're targeting is 4.0 since it's the latest XNA version. Atm. we have no concrete plans about supporting older versions, which might become a future plan but currently we're busy getting 4.0 feature complete.

A good help for porting XNA 3.1 to 4.0 is this page: http://nelxon.com/resources/xna-3-1-to-xna-4-0-cheatsheet/

We're always happy to see people switching to ANX, so i hope you'll give it a try, porting your Engine :)

I'll post the targeted version on the front page right away!

Jan 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Thank you for your fast responses, 

Unfortunately I have no plans/time porting TXna to 4.0 :-/ Porting a project as large as TXna is not realistic in a reasonable timeframe and that's the reason why I was looking for something as ANX  at the first place (it could have been a lifesaver for me).

Guess I have to abandon this whole idea for now.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I included the XNA2ANXConverter in the MSI installer package which will be released as v0.4.40 soon.