Nothing seems to be working

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I realize that this is Alpha quality software, so I was not expecting it to work very well. 

I converted the Shooter (from App Hub) tutorial program from XNA to ANX. I then commented out all of the calls to playing sounds (because they all threw exceptions or were errors, I don't remember which) and fixed all the other little errors. After that, it compiled and ran.  All I got was a blank blue screen. I decided to try and force it to use OpenGL, so I removed the reference to ANX.Framework.Windows.DX10.dll. Now I get:

System.IO.InvalidDataException was unhandled  Message=Failed to compile the fragment shader because of: Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:ERROR: 0:2: error(#132) Syntax error: 'precission' parse errorERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors.  No code generated

Source=ANX.Framework.Windows.GL3  StackTrace:       at ANX.Framework.Windows.GL3.EffectGL3.CreateShader(String vertexSource, String fragmentSource)       at ANX.Framework.Windows.GL3.EffectGL3..ctor(Effect managedEffect, Stream byteCode)       at ANX.Framework.Windows.GL3.Creator.CreateEffect(GraphicsDevice graphics, Effect managedEffect, Stream byteCode)       at ANX.Framework.Graphics.Effect.CreateNativeEffect()       at ANX.Framework.Graphics.Effect..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Byte[] byteCode)       at ANX.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice)       at Shooter.Game1.LoadContent() in C:\Users\Patrick\Desktop\New folder (2)\Shooter\Shooter\Shooter\Game1.cs:line 139       at ANX.Framework.Game.Initialize()       at Shooter.Game1.Initialize() in C:\Users\Patrick\Desktop\New folder (2)\Shooter\Shooter\Shooter\Game1.cs:line 129       at ANX.Framework.Game.RunGame()       at ANX.Framework.Game.Run()       at Shooter.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Patrick\Desktop\New folder (2)\Shooter\Shooter\Shooter\Program.cs:line 15  InnerException: 

Is the state of the software just at the point where nothing is even drawable or am  I doing something wrong?

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

As I don't know the tutorial you are refering I can't say what the problem is. Most of the SpriteBatch and many other things are working properly.

Please provide a link to a downloadable source of the tutorial and I will try to get it to work. Maybe there is a bug that's the cause of the cornflower blue screen.

Are the samples we are providing working on your machine?