Composing with WPF?

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hi there -- I know this isn't the point of the ANX project, but I'm wondering if there's a sample anywhere of composing an ANX scene with WPF -- basically what http://directx4wpf.codeplex.com does, but using ANX instead of SharpDX directly.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hi,

currently we haven't tested that possibility, but hooking a graphics device on a Control Handle is one of my next tasks, so i'll also make sure it works on wpf controls.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM

For "Metro Style" on Windows 8 this will not be that easy as it is with the "old world". With the last version of the SDK this wasn't possible.

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I'm not trying to do a Metro app, just a normal desktop WPF app.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

AstrorEnales commited a working WPF sample yesterday.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Very cool. I've been able to try it and I've got that beautiful CornflowerBlue showing. I'll try to find some more time to test it out -- I spent some time blending XNA and WPF and found that it worked in some cases but there were bad frame sync issues between the two models once things got more complex. Not sure if ANX can have the same problems.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Im glad the sample works for you and meets your requirements :)

I havn't experienced these sync issues yet, so if you can reproduce it with a sample, I would really appreciate if you could provide the source for that, so I can take a look at possible solutions.

Cheers