Graphic Adapter Exception

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I wanted to start by saying I love what you guys are doing; I enjoy working with XNA but feel limited by just having DX9 functionality.

Anyways i've been struggling with getting a project to build, I've looked over all the examples and double checked references but I keep getting a this error when I build the base windows application.

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled  HResult=-2146233036  Message=The type initializer for 'ANX.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter' threw an exception.  Source=ANX.Framework  TypeName=ANX.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter  StackTrace:       at ANX.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter.get_DefaultAdapter()       at ANX.Framework.GraphicsDeviceInformation..ctor()       at ANX.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.FindBestDevice(Boolean anySuitableDevice)       at ANX.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ApplyChanges()       at ANX.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()       at ANX.Framework.Game.RunGame()       at ANX.Framework.Game.Run()       at ANXTest.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\My Documents\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ANXTest\ANXTest\ANXTest\Program.cs:line 15  InnerException: SharpDX.SharpDXException       HResult=-2146233088       Message=Unknown error (HRESULT = 0x887A0002)       Source=SharpDX       StackTrace:            at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()            at SharpDX.DXGI.Adapter.GetOutput(Int32 output)            at ANX.Framework.Windows.DX10.Creator.GetAdapterList()            at ANX.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsAdapter..cctor()       InnerException: 

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Note this problem went away using a windows 7 box instead of a windows 8 machine.  Also looking over the change notes it appears windows 8 is still in development.

There is another issue on 7 though, with sprite batch the image being drawn disappears after a couple seconds.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I think this problem has something to do with the different pre-releases of win8 and the version of SharpDX we are using. It should be much more mature with the next binary release of ANX.

The disappearing sprites bug was fixed in the source revision #12958 (issue #558). This fix will be included in the next binary release.