XInput

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Could you please clarify how to make Xinput System be registered? The respective dll is included in my project  and referenced. However, only Standard is available  in AddInSystemFactory.

Developer
Sep 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hey AloneRaccoon,

can you give us some more information about the platform you are working on and want to deploy to?

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM

The working OS is Windows 7 Home 64, VS 2010 SP1 Professional + Resharper 6.1 + Dot Peek,

Hardware: Core I 7 2630 QM 2.0 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, Graphics Hybrid Radeon HD 6770M + Intel 3000

Now I just test the ANX with all my samples for XNA for windows, and I'm planning to use ANX mainly for windows 8 metro as Microsoft refuses to support managed code for metro game development ;)

Developer
Sep 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Ok, there is a special case with our input system. We are using InputSystems and InputDevices. The systems are like containers, encapsulating other functions. There are two systems at the moment of writing : Standard and Recording. The first one implements the default XNA behaviour, while the Recording System adds some functionality for tracking Input and playing it later again.

Devices are our platform independent implementations, like XInput (which was the one you wanted to use). 

The result is, that you need two assemblies in your folder:

• ANX.InputSystem.Standard
  • ANX.InputDevices.Windows.XInput

If both files are present in your bin folder it should be possible to use the XInput system.

Edit: Please note that XInput won´t compile / run with Modern UI as the WinForms namespace and user32.dll are missing, which are referenced in XInput.

Edit2: If your issue is related the problem stated in Edit1 you may want to keep an eye on workitem986 which is about building an input module for Windows8

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Thank you for your explanation. Now it's all clear. I just supposed that my mouse was not supported, it was inresponsive, but the reason is stated here

http://anxframework.codeplex.com/workitem/995

Developer
Sep 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I was able to reproduce it and fixed it in revision 17908.