Direct3D 9 Support?

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I think supporting Direct3D 9 would be fancy. I know about feature Levels in Direct3D 11, but testings with my Intel chip does not make happy: single triangle with about 9-10 fps. You will exclude some people with ANX without implementing a Direct3D 9 rendering module.

Developer
Dec 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Hey!

At the moment DX10 is our "grounding" render system. But because ofthe AddIn like structure of the rendersystem it is possible to build a dx9 based system too. Building a render system is mostly just wrapping direct x stuff into our class model (which is like the xna model) so if there is the need for such a system, you can just request it here (what you did basically ;) ) or just grab the source and get a system running on your own and commit it as a patch if you feel like sharing it ;)

Hope this helps a bit. Regards floAr

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I think it makes sense to switch to the DirectX 11 RenderSystem as the default RenderSystem in the near future as this is used by Win8/Metro also.

Basically the Feature Levels should work flawless even when using old cards.

Do you have a reference project that shows the described behaviour? Maybe you touched areas that need to be emulated in software as it is not supported by the intel chip? If you don't have a reference project, please tell us more about what you've done and how you did measure the performance, because this may be a good hint if we need to maintain a DX9 RenderSystem or not.