Why not use the same XNA namespace?

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Why not just use the same Microsoft.XNA.* namespace, is there a copyright issue or something? This would save converting projects back and forth...

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM

The answer ist very simple: We don't use the same namespace because ANX ist not XNA.

I don't know if theres a copyright issue or something else like that, but it doesn't matter. ANX should be a drop in replacement but it is planned to extend it compared to XNA in some directions which are not compatible (you are able to turn this off).

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Hi. I just wanted to say that the fact that this doesn't use the same namespaces (I'm pretty sure you cannot copyright a namespace nor a file name for that matter) keeps me from investing in this. I've gone to monogame because it uses the same namespaces and makes compiling for XNA or Mono pretty easy.

Cheers!
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Might I suggest that you do a find/replace to remove explicit imports of XNA or ANX and use a project-wide import for the appropriate root namespace? That way either a single change to a project (or 2 different projects pointing at the same code) would allow you to build either.
Developer
Jan 1, 2015 at 9:50 PM
ANX has a project converter which helps in converting from XNA to ANX concerning the usings and also differences in the project files.