Updated release?

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I can see that Glatezmann has been making the occasional checkin ever since last December.  Is there any prospect of an updated release of the entire system? 

My hunch is that progress on Win8 is slow, and this is a volunteer project with only one active developer, and that that developer wants to get the Win8 stuff working well, but isn't able to find the time to quite get it there, but doesn't want to release it half-finished :-) 

A thoroughly understandable position, and a common one in the open source world!

In any case, a status update would be great.  Thanks.  The project is already incredibly useful for me, just in terms of providing a very large example of how to map from the XNA API to the SharpDX API.  So, thank you very much already!

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Another question:  is it the case that ANX has no built-in texture loading support in the current build?  That seems to be true, but I would like to confirm I am not missing something.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I will try to update the binary release to my current working set, but this will need some days for cleanups.

You can load textures using the Content-Pipeline (using the Windows XNA build tools for creating the XNB's). There's no "stream loading" support currently.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

We just made some major improvements to ANX including Win8, PSVita, Android and Linux support. These platforms are not fully supported but everything is prepared to get it working soon.

We are working on some improvements to the build scripts and including the latest version of SharpDX currently.

I think there will be a new binary release in the next days.