VS2012 on Win7

Aug 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Would it be difficult to provide a solution that worked in VS2012 on Windows 7, I'm not yet ready to move to Windows 8, and probably won't be for quite some time, but I love VS2012 already.

If one isn't going to be provided, I'd like to build one myself if its possible.  Just looking at the solutions is daunting, and I'm clueless how much work it would be.

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

It shouldn't be a problem to simply open the normal ANX.Framework.sln in VS2012 on Windows7. The program will automatically upgrade the solution for you. Since the basic converted Metro solution was also a VS2010 sln and opening it in VS2012 on Metro worked without problems, it should all be fine.

The only problem might be, if you're using the Express Edition of VS. Since Express doesn't support Solution Folders, there are some problems with opening them. We're allready working on a small converter to support Express Editions, too.

I would be happy to hear about some results, if it worked to open in VS2012 for you or not. If not, we can take a look at that. :)

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I used the RTM-Version of VS2012 without any problems. Express should work too, but you have to open each project file alone.